funeral video for the web...mp4 or flash?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Keebler, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi,

I filmed my friend's funeral this morning and would like to upload it to the web so folks can see it.

I'm not sure what is the best way to do it or which format.
    I can upload an mp4 for folks to watch or download, but I can also maybe put a flash video up? Would a flash video be less bandwidth space? I'm unfamiliar with that software, but it is in the adobe box so I could install and give it a whirl.

The service is just about an hour.

Any help would be appreciated....i'm trying to help those folks who were unable to make it due to being far away.

cheers,
    keebler

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

hey.. sorry for your loss.. but as far as editing the footage..

if you have a mac, you can use iMovie 08 and then upload direct to youtube.. obviously set the movie private so only your chosen guests can view it.. (unless you do want the general public to see it of course?)

I'm sure others will give alternative solutions...

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

thanks Dalvin. always sad but really tough b/c he just turned 38 and has 5 and 3 year old kids :(

Anyhoo, I forgot to mention the editing won't be a problem as I use Final Cut which is good b/c there were 2 songs by a soloist that I can cut for the web version to make it shorter.

I thought about youtube....that might be an option b/c i do want to keep it private.

thanks again,
    keebler