Funky Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoeHemi, Sep 2, 2010.

1. JoeHemi macrumors member

Long time listener, first time caller.

So, woke up this morning and found my MBP propped up on its side on my desk. I pick it up and see my battery half way out of the computer. I'm like wtf! My battery was ballooned up like crazy so I frantically start unplugging everything thinking my computer is going to explode. I get the battery out and start looking at it and wondering how in the world could this happen over night? I'm glad I was home cause I don't know how bad this thing would have gotten had I not seen it in time. So, now I need a new battery. Anyone know if Apple will replace something that looks like it could have put a crater in my desk or am I going to have to pony up some money for another future bomb?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tiwizard macrumors regular

Go into the Apple store and they should just replace it for free.

3. JoeHemi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I think I'll try to find one around this area to take it to. Just seems crazy that a battery would do that. I know batteries die after awhile, but mutation is a whole new level lol. Apparently it must not be common enough to initiate a recall?

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

apparently it hasn't caught on fire for most people so a "recall" would simply drag apple's stock down

5. JoeHemi thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh, I see. Maybe they'll give me a free case to fix the problem too.