Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Hi chaps, i have a stupid, obscure question for you all...

A Mid 90s, silly little popular mac tune (could only have been 10 or 15 seconds long) made up of all the system 7 alert sounds, ending in the startup chime (i think?) I was wondering if anyone knows it, and where i might procure it? just for reminiscing sake. I THINK it was called ... funky mac song.

Since i fully expect no one to answer that question, as a bonus, nerdy community discourse, what songs can you all remember that either use macintalk or have mac references?

I can remember a...

radiohead song that used macintalk, (cant remember the song name though)
The obvious benni benassi song Satisfaction
and an Ayreon song called Connect the dots which humorously referenced downloading torrents on a mac.

Chime in.

atshoom

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2009

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Atshoom, you're amazing and i'm sorry it took me so long to realise you replied to my thread.

This song brings back so many memories of trawling through MacFormat magazines gallons of crappy shareware and stuff every month, in the years before i had the internet. This is a slice of my Apple childhood.

You're the Dude.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Brad Paisley's "Online" has a great Mac reference. It actually features the Mac startup sound.

FWIW, I fully realize that there probably aren't alot of country music fans here, but Paisley can play some serious guitar. Love his music.

TommyA1912

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2010
Mac funky

Mac Funky? isn't that the song that goes

Quack, eep, quack, eep, dun, dun, dun, quack, eep, quack, epp, deen, wap, wap?

It's on youtube, just type in "Mac Funky Song" and you'll find it.

:apple:

atshoom

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2009
Definitely the best ringtone ever :
Imagine yourself in the bus, with your iPhone 4 that has a big loudspeaker and then... someone calls you :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.