Funky Original Case/Sleeve Wanted (and Feminine to some extent)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by allieannarbor, Dec 20, 2008.

1. allieannarbor macrumors newbie

I have read through many many threads regarding cases, sleeves, and bags of all sorts but have not quite found the answer...
    I just ordered a new Macbook to replace a dead notebook and to compliment my Mac desktop, and it will be arriving next Monday or Tuesday, an unfortunately expensive Christmas gift to myself...
    I want to find a sleeve or case that is stylish and unique. I want it more so to be original and creative and just protect my Macbook from scratches (not from a drop from a building) so it does not have to be bulky. What I am looking for is original designs rather than a solid color. maybe there is a creative independent designer out there? Also many things I have came across aside from being boring seem to be geared towards guys... it is not that I am looking for a pink case, just not all black or overtly masculine.
    looked at foof...looked at sumo...applesac...simonandcleo...

Trying to find something cute... clever... cool... thanks so much!

2. ebika macrumors 6502

Like this?

That's a pretty open-ended question you have. :) I have a pretty red bag from Wilson's leather, Haiku bags from REI, a coach slim case with an Incase sleeve inside, a cheap red messenger bag with purple flowers from Walgreens, and I'm making my own organic cotton + suede + veg tanned cowhide bag. Are you into kawaii stuff or flowers or hello kitty or abstract art or my little ponies? :D

3. allieannarbor thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point haha

Very open ended... oops
    Abstract art... designs... could have figures, cute little characters/animals but not recognizable ones (so I guess that is a no to Hello Kitty and Little Pony)

maturely cute? haha more so for a 20some than a teen? ahhhg I'm a project

4. vienta macrumors newbie

5. ebika macrumors 6502

Oh, that's really cute! This is a dangerous thread for me to be following, I'm a sucker for adorable bags.

6. allieannarbor thread starter macrumors newbie

Barry's Farm (they had one on that site) has some very clever ones.... not one I want, haha. But the most original I've seen. The DIY Skooba ones are cool and makes me wish I was artistic.

I do like the Revers one on Amazon, definitely like those with cool graphics.
    None of these seemed like the right fit, it is a long article and I might have overlooked something. But I thought other people might enjoy it Funky Laptop Cases

Now I see that I did miss something... there is one devoted to Sleeves, I am going to explore this now

Of all of those I really like Snupped
    Tons of really interesting fabric choices.... hmmm may be on to something

I'm going to continue to answer my own question... I looked on Etsy (overwhelming) and found JanineKingDesigns the selection is different on that link than on Etsy so it is worth looking at both, I posted that link because i like the Cherry Blossom one.

7. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Get a foof bag.

I've got a foof bag. In fact, I have this one, and I love it. The Origami Kuro design isn't available anymore (it was an extremely exclusive design, which completely won me over), but they have some wonderful other designs. The fit is really snug around the MacBook, too. I think they're awesome.

8. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

If you want to mac your Macbook "unique" you might also want to look at a skin...

Gelaskins

9. allieannarbor thread starter macrumors newbie

wow those are amazing, thanks!

10. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I would highly recommend the Applesac - see my sig for video reviews on their products.