Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A couple of temporary sales on the App Store provide significant discounts from the normal price of the following apps.

Milebug - Mileage Log [App Store] is normally priced at $9.99 but is temporarily priced at $2.99.

Milebug says it makes it easy for you to track your tax-deductible mileage on your iPhone or iPod touch. The price is reduced temporarily until the next update is released. Regardless which price you pay ($9.99 or $2.99), future updates are free.

Funky Punch [App Store] is a recently released fighting game for the iPhone. The developer is discounting the price from $7.99 to $3.99 during the Labor Day weekend. The discounted pricing will remain in effect until September 2nd.

The game was recently reviewed on Touch Arcade and found to be fun and polished, though some aspects of the game were felt to be too easy.

Article Link

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
The 3.99 price got me to try out funky punch and its pretty fun! worth 4 bucks for me

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
MileBug Not MileLog

It's listed in the App Store as MileBug not MileLog. You can also find it as Mileage Log on a Search.

Edit: Thanks OP for going back and editing to the correct name.

kironin

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2004
Texas
Well for someone who is interested and needs something like this.

My experience so far with Milebug is that it is a fantastic app for the small business owner that needs to track his miles. It has made my consistency in tracking my miles for both my businesses and personal use a no-brainer. You can keep adding presets until anything you repeat takes a couple of taps to add to the log when you are on the go. It's a fantastically useful app!!!!!

It was a great buy at $2.99. I see they just updated the program and raised the full unlimited app to $6.99, and introduced a MileBug Lite for $2.99 that is limited to logging 10 trips at a time with the ability to save the 10 trips (send an email report in Excel or Word readable form) before resetting to 0.

I am not sure I care for this strategy. It would be better to have a Lite version that was free and didn't allow you to save, so you could just test drive the program (or say 4 Trip limit with ability to save so you could see how that worked) and see if you liked it. If you busy running your business and are bad about tracking your miles and constantly struggle to remember to write down or find yourself trying to reconstruct the week, you want the full $6.99 version for sure. It will be worth it.

If you are in the corporate world with the same issues, you might like Trip Cubby which is $9.99, especially if your company will reimburse you for it. Also it's report being a csv attachment to an email is better idea than what MileBug does which asks you to cut and paste out of the body of the email into Excel (hasn't worked for me so far so while I have the reports safely saved they are not in working spreadsheet yet). I think MileBug has better interface and it's cheaper, but Trip Cubby looks a bit more comprehensive for those putting in monthly expense reports as opposed to those like me that simply need to track it for the IRS schedule C.

If you are looking for something more than a mileage logger, you might consider XpenseTracker that allows you to track and report all your expenses including logging miles. I have it as well and like it though I use MileBug for everyday mileage tracking. Unfortunately, I see that they just jacked it up to $12.99 from the price I paid for it. It's great app, and if you need it worth it. I just wished developers wouldn't get greedy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.