Funky things happen after MP wakes from sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by chiefroastbeef, Mar 12, 2010.

1. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Hello folks,

I have a 2009 Nehalem 2.96 Quad. Love the machine, however the computer sometimes acts funny after waking from sleep for a night or two.

Sometimes I won't be able to change the volume from my keyboard, if i press the volume buttons, the volume windows comes up on the screen, but the volume doesn't decrease or increase.

Once my logitech mouse would act funny, it doesn't feel smooth, the cursor doesn't follow mouse movement correctly.

Both issues goes away again after I reboot, so it isn't a big deal. But I just wonder why my MP is doing this while my mbp runs normal when I run it, sleep it, run it, sleep it for a week straight without rebooting.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

If your keyboard is wireless, I would say Bluetooth.

Update keyboard software to eliminate the possibility of old drivers.

3. twstokes macrumors newbie

twstokes

For your first issue there's a good chance when it's waking from sleep it's setting the sound output to the internal speaker rather than your external ones. Mine does this as well and it's a known issue.

Change the output to your external speakers in System Preferences to resolve it without rebooting. In Snow Leopard, holding 'option' and clicking the speaker will let you easily change the output device.

Of course this is only a workaround - a real solution would be better. Last time I checked there wasn't a quick fix.

4. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Which logitech mouse do you have?

I have the Performance Mouse MX and it jumps around sometimes on my 8-core 2.93. Super frustrating.