Funky Wake From Sleep Issue with MacPro 2.8 8-Core on 10.5.2

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by smirking, Feb 25, 2008.

1. smirking macrumors 6502a

Over the past few days I've been noticing something peculiar whenever my new MacPro on 10.5.2 is waking from sleep. It likes to type the letter "r" and if I have Mail open, the email that was open or highlighted when I put the computer to sleep will have spawned a reply window (Open Apple-R) and there will be exactly one "r" typed in as a reply. Thankfully, it doesn't send the email.

This isn't an issue that's limited to mail either. I noticed that it somehow managed to rename a folder to "r" on my Desktop and I've had "r" inserted into open documents.

Huh? Wierd. Anyone else experience this too?

2. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

This is clearly a poltergeist or some other spirit entity.

But seriously though, that is strange. My Mac Pro 2x2.8 w/ 8800 is fine. I turned off the sleep function because I use Pro Tools which recommends setting both drive and CPU sleepage to never. It seems like a lot of unhappy users would be better off either powering off their Macs when not in use or turning off sleep... and wait for Apple to address this since returning your Mac will result in getting another one with the identical problem.

3. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

It's just asking you if you 'R' ready to play!
    Maybe all 8 cores are just looking for something to do with all their spare time.

4. thagomizer macrumors 6502

Maybe unplug your keyboard and try a different one?