funkz kezboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ladyjanex50, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ladyjanex50 macrumors newbie

Mz brand new macbook pro is acting up. i press the y kez and i get a z as zou can tell from mz tzping. whz is that_ i press the question mark kez and i get this _ whz_ help me

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

So how did you get that "y" in there_ ;)

If zou're having kezboard issues, it might be worth a trip to zour local Apple store to have them check it out/replace it.

If zou're not close to one, give them a call and explain zour issue.

I don't think there are anz alternative kezboard lazouts that would give that issue, but zou could go to zour system preferences and trz to check/change the kezboard tzpe.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you have more than one key doing funny things, it sure sounds like this is a keyboard layout issue. Sys Prefs -> International pane, I believe. Make sure that the layout matches the country / language for which the Mac was ordered (i.e. if you have a US one, you should be using US / English).

P.S. Alternatively you could just install instant messaging. Typing the way it is will go over very well. ;)

4. L3X macrumors 6502a

dude, that was pretty funny. :)

5. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

OMG IT'S SPREADING! :D

Seriously: I would guess it's a wire which are disconnected/always connected/two wires connected/whatever. Have it replaced or something.

I have broken waaay to many regular keyboards in time :D

6. ladyjanex50 thread starter macrumors newbie

i copied and pasted it from on here

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

I was just teasing you. Did you try any of the suggestions on the keyboard type? If those don't work, I'd definitely call/visit Apple to see what they can do for you.

Dang, you never notice how many times you type "y" until you're looking for it.

8. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Speaking from a hardware background... that's not likely to be the problem... :p but yeah sounds like something funny with the KB unless you've done some remapping.

9. ladyjanex50 thread starter macrumors newbie

turns out i had it in german

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

You should celebrate your discovery by buying a new car. Perhaps a Mercedes-Beny.

11. PimpDaddy macrumors 6502

lol :)