Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
LOL WOW! Somebody actually bought it too. I mean his feedback is good and all, but that auction still seems just a wee bit suspicious to me.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Must be his alter-ego... bought it from himself to save the grief. Or it's his neighbor. Or his futuristic girlfriend.

I wonder if scammers have a system to generate reasonable feedback scores. I guess, in principle, if you and I wanted to set ourselves up as scammers, I could create a bunch of auctions for which you could exert the buy-it-now option, and then you could not pay me, I could mark you as paid, etc, and we could give each other feedback, leading us both to have high feedback scores. Perhaps there's some sort of anti-heatware out there where all the scammers collaborate. :D I bet there are dead parrots there too.

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Hahaha

The description also says how great it is to used, but it also says that it is brand new and sealed!!

I agree... the person who spend $900 dollars on that must have been just a TAD loopy.

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
Notice it has dual 667 MHz Core Duos... huh? The first Intel iMac was 1.83 GHz (though I guess the system bus was 667 MHz).

This text in the product description really clears it up, though:
THIS iMAC HAS IGB OF 667 MHs and 250gb

Now I get it. :)

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Yes I have witnessed some strange auctions myself.

Attachments

• Picture 1 copy.jpg
    Picture 1 copy.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 340

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
I never knew I was working in the future?

Try using a Windows PC, preferably with one of those clunky keyboards they seem to come with.

It will certainly feel like you have traveled into the past.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
I think the seller is just completely computer illiterate. 1GB of 667MHz sure sounds like the RAM. The dual processors just means the dual cores on the single processor. The 128mb of RAM is video RAM.

So after looking at that, the buyer may have got a deal depending on the processor speed.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
I think the seller is just completely computer illiterate. 1GB of 667MHz sure sounds like the RAM. The dual processors just means the dual cores on the single processor. The 128mb of RAM is video RAM.

So after looking at that, the buyer may have got a deal depending on the processor speed.

I think he was being honest, he just doesn't know much about computers. Give him a break.

(But it's still funny)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.