Funniest take of Mac OS X vs. PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by georgeoommen, Jan 20, 2008.

1. georgeoommen macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I was just playing around with my NAS checking for info on disk usage when I found this. The picture displayed for a NAS in finder is that of an old PC monitor with the infamous Blue Screen of Death. And if you do a Get Info on it, under Kind: it says PC Server and under Preview it gives a larger picture of the same.. I found this really funny.. What a clever way for Mac to take a jibe at PC.. Even better than all the Mac vs. PC adds that have been airing

Attached Files:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This has been brought up many many times and has been their since the 10.5 beta. In my view it is rather pathetic/childish especailly considering the corporate world that apple is trying to get into.

3. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I'm going to have to agree. Sure we get a good laugh out of it but it is a childish move. Yes we all know Apple computers are superior but Apple didn't have to take a shot at PCs with that image.

4. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

Funny thing is, it's been years since I've seen a blue screen under Windows. My last OSX kernel panic was just after I upgraded to leopard a month or so ago. Glass houses and so forth...

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

CRT is so 1990s, just like apple fanboys' impression of windows. Time to update!

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think its OK, its funny in the same sense that Arstechnica's Microsoft column M-dollar was funny.

However Ars changed theres to One-Microsoft-Way so <shrug>.

7. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Oh pish-posh, I still think it's amusing. Do you all have to be such crab apples.

8. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Yeah it is quite amusing. Some people need to lighten up and develop a sense of humour.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

10. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Bingo. It's the little things that keep Apple from being taken seriously by prospective switchers, whether at the consumer or corporate level. You don't see Lenovo trying stuff like this, and for good reason.

11. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Would you perchance be Elliott Smith's ghost? Your username is a dead giveaway.

12. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

And as we all know from reading the countless threads here at MacRumors, we're experts on professional. :rolleyes:

13. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

14. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yeah, I'm a fan :^) Good music!

15. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

Never heard of being a humorous corporate droid considered a "good reason" before but you're right, Lenovo couldn't write an inside joke if their life depended on it.

16. heatmiser macrumors 68020

At the end of the day, professionalism, not inside jokes, sells computers to corporations. But go Apple! Who needs more business; we've got wisecracks! :D

17. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It was funny the first time someone posted about it.

Although I realize that the search terms for something like this would vary, could you please search first next time, I've seen this come up at least 8 times since Leopard was released. ;)