Funny Apple Store iPhone prank!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PowerFullMac, Nov 11, 2007.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

So as im in the UK, I was rushing down to my local Apple Store yesterday to play with the iPhones, and they were actually still in stock! Then again, it was in a shopping mall so its not like there was anyone cuing up at launch day!

So, anyway, I went in there and mucked around, its pretty cool but nothing I cant do on my jailbreaked iPod Touch and Nokia 6230... So I then thought i'd see if they were real phones, so I texted my Nokia and it worked! I rung up my mate and it worked also! Perfect, I thought... And I got a little idea. So heres what I done, I rung up my Nokia from the iPhone then hung up when it started to ring, so my phone told me I had a missed call and told me the number, so I went to the iPhone next to it and made a contact so I could make calls send text etc. to the other iPhone, perfect. My 'victims' then arrived, two 15 year olds, so I sent a text just saying "Hi" they wrote "Hello" back so I wrote "I can see you, there are two of you" they then started laughing and shouting a bit, and I saw them go on to Safari and load up Google so I said "Your on Google" one of them told the other to go and look around the shop to see who it was, so once he went I sent a text saying "Your friend wont find me" so when he came back he said to his friend "I think its them girls over there" so I then sent a text saying "No its not the girls over there"... I had to fight to stop that huge grin showing on my face, I was literally on the iPhone right next to them!!! They then sent a text telling me to wave my hand in the air so I said no and they texted back "Why not please I love you" so I texted back "Sorry I thought you were a bird!" and they asked me to tell them where I was so I just put "No im going now try and see me walking out" I then put the iPhone I was using on the dock with the text conversation showing up and left, looked back and waved at them. At that point I couldn't stop that huge grin on my face! :D:D:D:D:D:D

By the way, if anyone has some time and money to burn, who not ring up that iPhone and see who answers? The number is 07515847218.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

3. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Ha! Yeah, that is funny, and unfortunately, not only are all the iPhones 1.1.2 but they took the display iTouches away!!! Probably because 1)They were all week 37s with broken screens 2)They needed more space for demo iPhones

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I could imagine most of the iphones in the store are not turned on for cell service, but just using the wifi.

If that be the case - nobody at the Apple stores realized they could enable URL filtering on their LAN? I know you can't block 100%, but if you were to block, say the top 20 sites that link to this - you'd stop a lot of opportunistic "hackers" from wasting company overhead.

OP (original topic) - Sounds like a fun prank - but not entertaining enough for me to dial over the pond for. :)

5. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I think they done that, because when I connected to the Apple Store WiFi on my iPod Touch and the in-store iPhones it wouldn't load up Bebo, but when I connected through EDGE, it worked perfectly... Jailbreakme.com wouldn't load up through WiFi eather, even though they patched it, it should still load and show up a question mark icon, but it didnt even do that, so I think they got smart now :D

6. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

nope all iphones in all stores have service and wifi. me and my friends call people from em all the time.

7. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Why the heck do they do that? You might as well go there and call internationally just for kicks...

8. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Thats funny, I did a similar thing were I would call the iPhones from my house and just mess with the people who answered...classic!