Funny argument on youtube over new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by harmonica01, Oct 20, 2009.

1. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

Previously, I had pointed out main competitor for imacs since last revamp had been sony's all in one vaios. But they offer worse hardware than apple's did. And their latest vamp is 1550-1700 with student discount for 500gb hd, 4 gb 800 ram, 9600m graphics, 24" 1680 monitor, etc...kinda rip off really especially compared to today's price adjustment and hardware offers -- in my humblest opinion

Jelly533 (2 hours ago) +1 Reply | Spam
    If anyone says the new iMac is overpriced, they're crazy. It is a STEAL. The top of the line 7 inch in QUAD core is less than I payed for my iMac with duo. Amazing.

RaitedRr (1 hour ago) -1 Reply | Spam
    Imac are overpriced if you compare it to a pc who also has the same specs. i did a research myself and found it is about $300-350 less. with that money you can ipod and still have some changes left lol.

harmonichonda01 (1 hour ago) 0 Reply | Remove
    and with the mega expensive screens built in? no, and look at the desktop i5 and i7 quads offered still under 2k with student discounts and 8gb ram... naw imacs are keeping apple competitive with pc market, the amount my electricity bill went down moving to apple was 30 bucks too...not sure how but has stayed low since August

RaitedRr (1 hour ago) -1 Reply | Spam
    yes with a monitor that is 1080p and it still comes out $400 less then imac.

harmonichonda01 (55 minutes ago) 0 Reply | Remove
    with IPS screens? prove it with a link

RaitedRr (43 minutes ago) -1 Reply | Spam
    i have seen imac screen like couple of weeks ago and if thats ips screen then it is not a big difference then the monitor with hig res of 1080p. in other words not a deal breaker.

harmonichonda01 (33 minutes ago) 0 Reply | Remove
    link to prove your point or lose credibility, ISP is brand new on the new screens as of today as well

RaitedRr (19 minutes ago) -2 Reply | Spam
    go to the website cyberpowerpc. they have the same spec of an imac but for $900 (including windos 7). then add a very good monitor from dell for $300. it comes around $1200-$1300. while the imac costs $2000. with a ****** graphics card of 4850 .

harmonichonda01 (14 minutes ago) 0 Reply | Remove
    in otherwords, no link, and not an all in one - where is the comparison then?

RaitedRr (7 minutes ago) -1 Reply | Spam
    you must be a idiot. i just told you the website name. i dont care about all in one if that means i pay less. i would prefer deaktop and monitor with same specs as imac but costs $700 bucks less. anyone who knows something about computers would know this already. your hopeless so just forget about this conversation.

harmonichonda01 (28 seconds ago) 0 Reply | Remove
    you are comparing two different computer types, and you call me an idiot? Take you own advise on forgetting about this conversation, I think most know the price difference in mobile parts to desktop parts. Now go look at the similar all in ones I DID directly link earlier from Sony and you'll see new iMac prices beat Sony which is going to cause sony to drop their prices

2. TennisandMusic

It's pretty sad how illiterate people have become. Reading that is seriously painful.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Uh, that's actually not that bad for a youtube exchange, or any exchange for that matter. Sure there are typo's but who the hell cares about typo's on youtube comments.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

$900 + $300 = $1300?! I'm sure this dude passed math. :rolleyes:

5. harmonica01 thread starter macrumors 6502

throughout his comments looks like he keeps changing the numbers, likely he is confusing himself at this point

6. 300D macrumors 65816

300D