Funny issue - "restarts" while working

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by akkkmed, Aug 26, 2012.

1. akkkmed macrumors 6502

Hey guys. I have a 2012 13" MBA. I've had this weird issue happen for the second time today. The first time was probably a month or so ago.

While I was copying files to an SD card, the screen flickered for a millisecond, everything on the screen then looked "doubled" (sort of like a 3D TV without wearing 3D glasses) and it was blurry, then my open programs reopened. This all happened within 2-3 seconds. For example, I had Firefox and Mail open but minimized and Finder was open with the SD card. After it happened, Firefox popped up with a new session and Mail reopened as well. I never saw the login screen or anything like that. If it weren't for the flicker and new applications sessions, you wouldn't be able to tell that it "restarted". The "Recovered Files" folder showed up in the Trash as well, like it does when you normally restart.

I can't remember what I was doing the first time this happened, but I definitely wasn't using an SD card.

I've never experienced this with the 3 different Macs I've owned. I backup my system regularly, but I want to figure this out before it dies. Has anyone heard of this before? Thank you!

2. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I would definitely get Apple to fix it. That is the main reason I buy Apple products...they have great customer care.

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

i second this, Apple will have no problem fixing this problem if you take it in, its a part of the reason their stuff is so expensive.

4. akkkmed thread starter macrumors 6502

Since it has only happened twice in the past month or so, they won't be able to diagnose the problem... That's why I'm trying to find out more before I have to take it in. I have no doubt that they'll fix it, if they know what the problem is.