Funny little use for Time Travel...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by douglasf13, Sep 23, 2015.

1. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

One of the slight annoyances I've had with the day/date complication inside the analog-looking watch faces is that, when the minute hand is over the day/date, it makes it nearly impossible to read the day/date. On actual analog watches, you can often tilt the watch and look under or around the minute hand to at least get a partial glimpse.

Well, now Time Travel allows me to scroll forward or backwards a few minutes, which quickly reveals the date when it's covered. It's probably the only thing I've used Time Travel for, so far. LOL :)

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Time travel is nice for my work schedule and for checking weather for later. Love it for those two things but mostly to check for rain and soon snow. Brrrr

Waiting for fantastical 2 to be native and see if it uses time travel.

3. thealiendad macrumors member

thealiendad

i have weather as my complication on utility face and time travel shows me the up-coming weather...

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If Apple were more clever, they'd move the day/date around the minute hand such that it's never blocked (not superimposed over it, which is tacky). I.e., the day/date shifts downward as the minute hand touches it, then back up on top of it when it's far enough down.

5. thealiendad macrumors member

thealiendad

although it would be great if time travel worked for stocks. ;-)

6. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I bet Apple would blow out the smartwatch market on Watches with that feature.

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

And if they were really clever, they'd allow the hands to shift around with a parallax effect ;)

8. mikef137 macrumors newbie

It does, just not forward in time...yet, maybe it will be an in app purchase.

9. Thepixelsedge macrumors regular

This is exactly what I would've written. I'm checking the app store a dozen times a day at least since 2.0 dropped just checking for fantastical. Easily my most used app and running natively on the watch with a complication would be amazing... the annoying thing is that they updated their mac app today for El Capitan... I almost wrote into them to let them know that was a poor use of their time as who cares about El Capitan right now... Give me my watch complication already!!!!

10. aberrero macrumors 6502a

No. Don't even joke about that.