Funny noise when closing MacBook 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceboots06, Jul 4, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Hi,

When I close or adjust the screen of my MBP 13" using the left side of the screen the right side makes a clicking / squeaking noise. When I use the right side to close the lid I do not hear this noise. Can I somehow determine what is making this clicking noise? It seems to be coming from the hinge.

2. Benjic macrumors regular

It's most likely the hinge itself making the noise, sometimes the plastic and the metal make contact and produce a squeak noise. I've also noticed that if the laptop has been on for a while, with fans going, the plastic will expand a tad and make that noise.

3. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

That's what my guess was because of graphics intensive games and the fan running all the time etc etc... Do you think I can put like an oil or something in there so I don't have to hear the noise?

4. yozh macrumors 6502

I have the same issue..... I`m wondering if you fixed. I really dont want to go to the store to replace the hinge and wait.... It seems to only make a noise when I close it from the right side and only after its been open for a while.... Anyone has a quick fix ? Thanks