Funny observation I had about 'old' cinema displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JoeG4, Nov 11, 2009.

1. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

I have both a 23" and 20" ADC Cinema displays on my desk, bought them both new a year or so ago, and absolutely love them. Even if dated (they were new, lol) the S-IPS screens made them a pretty decent deal for the $$...

That said, the funny thing I've noticed about my 23" is the anti-glare coating appears to give it a grainy texture. It's not the LCD itself, because if I drag windows around the grain stays put. Funny that! The 20" in comparison, utterly perfect screen.

Funnier yet, a few years ago my mother had a 23" that was similar. haha.

Anyone else with a 23" ever notice that? I was curious, googled, and I don't believe I'm the only one!

PS: The new iMac 27" has a fricken AWESOME LCD! If I hadn't spent a small fortune on these 2 screens (I said they were a good deal but I didn't say they were cheap!), I'd probably get one. XD for now I'm too broke to do that.

2. ventro macrumors 6502a

Yeah my 30" has a pretty noticeable grain that really bothered me when I first got it. Now I don't notice it. The good thing about the glossy screens is that there's no more grain... but you have to deal with glare. So they sort of cancel each other out :)