Funny observation while in my local Apple store yesterday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dwl017, Jun 21, 2010.

1. dwl017 macrumors 6502a

dwl017

So it’s Sunday evening and I’m at the Tyson Corner Mall here in Northern VA with my seven year old daughter. We stroll past the Apple store and decide to walk in. Those of you from this area already know that this Apple store is one of the most popular locations in the area.

As we proceed into the store I notice what appears to be a huge crowd of people shoulder deep all gathered on one side of the store. The laptop tables and Imac stands only had one or two folks and the poor new Mac Mini display had no one. My daughter and I had two new Mini's to play with all alone :)

Needless to say I’m sure you all know what table they crowd was around. I found it very interesting that during my short time in the store it would appear that people do not even care about desktop computers anymore.

2. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I see a slow abandonment of all computers with a focus on iPhone/iPad, software and applications (for same). I think the latest hardware updates are lacking. And when you consider you will have to wait another year for any significant update, it's pitiful (assuming what has become a standard time line for them anyway). All of Apple is having a new found resurgence, too bad attention is shifted to only a small portion of the product line.

3. Collected macrumors regular

Well it makes sense that everyone is huddled around the newer product. When the iPhone 4 is out on display everyone will be huddled around that too.

I saw something new in my local apple store the other day, someone being asked to leave the store. Not sure why.. if they'd done something to a machine they were using or if they were a known trouble maker in the store but they were politely asked to leave and then a member of staff spoke to them outside the store.

4. weckart macrumors 68040

Was it Steve Ballmer?

5. bocomo macrumors 6502

lol

pit stains will get you tossed every time!

6. brendu macrumors 68020

that tysons location is always over run with teenagers just wasting time on facebook.. always in the way of real customers... I prefer the arlington / reston stores that are not in the malls..

7. dwl017 thread starter macrumors 6502a

dwl017

Cant comment on the teenager thing since I don't frequent the store that often and at the time most of the patrons appeared to middle aged men or older couples etc.