Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Earth
Let me just preface by saying I just bought my MBP not even 2 weeks ago - haveit partitioned with bootcamp something like 60gb to windows, 90gb mac.

For whatever reason, I'm feeling a need to either upgrade the HDD, or get an external (looks like the Western Digital 120gb Pocket drive got good/many reviews on newegg). I'm also wanting to upgrade the RAM to 4gb, but honestly, have no real reason to do either at this point.

Also, let me add, I've had a bit to drink, so I'm probably rambling, but just wanted to share mthoguhts... :)

ZTonight when I got home, I relaized I had an old Sony Vaio from about 8 years ago or so. Its been out of comission for about a year+ due to the battery plug/connector not working...battery is shot, and it wont charge unless you bend the plug sideay and hold it.

Anyway, I read on here that someone ripped out an old HDD form an old/broken laptop. Thats what sparked my memory - "hey ive got one of those." So I grab it, and grab my small screwdrivers, and start taking it apart (its PCG-FX340 if youre curious).

I then think, "hey...what if this thing has like...no HDD space." so I hop on my lovely MBP and look up the specs - 15gb harddrive!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA. Do you guys remember those days? 15gb? I mean, i used this think in high school nd stuff (always had a desktop, so i guess space wasnt really a problem). I remmebr my first computer having something like 200mb of hdd, but that was some time ago. This thing doesnt seem that old to me - 15gb! I immeditely put all the screws back in - not even worth the time and money to buy an external enclosure.

Leaning toward sgetting that WD pocket drive, as I dont really want to rip open my beauty right now - maybe some time down the road.

I think i only really want a external portable drive for Leopards Time Machine system...

Anyway, thanks for reading my rambling. Feel free to flame.

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Earth
Story of the Stolen Nano ?

Car got broke into at school - passenger side window smashed. **** tried to take my indash dvd player but failed. Ended up snatchingmy gym bag which had about $20 worth of gym apparel (laf) and my "last gen" productRED nano.

Gayness.

...this is easily the best thread on MR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.