Funny story about Tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lillybeth, Mar 21, 2009.

1. lillybeth macrumors member

i was at the buffalo mall the other day at the apple store to check out new macbooks for my family.. i was walking down the mall and a tmobile stand was by and the guy behind the counter was asking people what kind of phone they have . and like 3 people said iphone and walked away ..haha then i walk by he says what phone i show him the iphone and he says you can unlock it to tmobile and get a cheaper plan haha i thought that was really funny.. besides tmobile has the worst service EVER

2. iPhAddict macrumors newbie

iPhAddict

Nothing beats AT&T, I think it the only one most suited for iPhone. Just my opinion though. Not really sure about Tmobile's services.

3. LinMac macrumors 65816

Verizon/Alltel (since Verizon owns Alltel) beats at&t in network performance/3G coverage. T-Mobile hands at&t's rear end to them in customer service. Sprint/Clearwire hand at&t's rear end to them in 4G speed. Everything beats at&t.

4. jonjames macrumors regular

5. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

Not in my area.

6. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

ROFL

You made this topic to bash T-mobile because I'm leaving AT&T and the iPhone.
    Really the iPhone's deal sucks. If you enjoy spending almost $100 a month for internet that I can get on my laptop then have fun. It's like a lightbulb just lit in my head today. People at school who see me with the iPhone probably pity me rather than envy me.

Oh and T-mobile is better than AT&T. I haven't lost 5 bars anywhere in my area here and with AT&T, while it was good a lot of the time, I'd go below 3 bars occasionally.

I mean really, both services are good. Why do you think a lot of people are buying iPhones and unlocking them on T-mobile? That says something about AT&T. In my eyes, AT&T is only worth looking because it has the iPhone. T-mobile's plans crap all over AT&T's. You get a lot more bang for your buck with T-mobile.

7. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

I mean let's be real. I've only had the iPhone for about a month and now it's like...old. It sometimes gets boring and I guess that's because I never use any apps except for the ipod, AIM, phone and Safari.

There is really no best phone. I can see the Nokia N97 and Palm Pre beating the iPhone in the future. If a new iPhone release, eventually Apple will stop selling the 3G and force people to upgrade to the newer model.

I'm never buying a mobile phone from Apple again.

I don't hate Apple btw.

8. ThugZilla macrumors regular

Whats so funny? Tmobile service tops A Fee and Fee any day.

9. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

In other words, T-mobile owns AT&T.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ironically, I understood she too was trying to back out of her AT&T contract? Well, her iPhone certainly wouldn't get 3G data services on T-Mobile.

All the carriers have enough strength in various ways to survive. The iPhone has actually added a lot of customers to AT&T. However, although they're strong in certain geographical areas, and they might have better reception in your house / office / park / toilet than brand XXX, they do generally receive broadly poor ratings as a service.

The other interesting thing, at least in big cities in the North, seems to be the rapid growth and reconfiguration of the prepaid MVNOs. Cricket and others seem to be getting a lot of growth with these prepaid plans that have flat monthly rates and unlimited voice and sometimes unlimited data and SMS as well (but no contracts, and pay-in-advance instead of billing). They're actually even significantly less than I pay T-Mobile (but they only use CDMA phones, I think), let alone vastly less than AT&T or Verizon charge for similar service.

11. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

To be honest, I regretted leaving T-mobile to AT&T for the iPhone the first day I bought it. Being in a family plan and not having to pay my own bills, having really cheap plans and unlimited texting/weekend and weeknight minutes was way better than the basic 450 minutes and 200 texts crap I got from AT&T.

I feel so great about not being locked with AT&T for 2 years and paying them $80+ a month for a small gadget that can easily break with almost no good insurance.

12. chox99 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

T-mobile has awesome customer service. Wait until you have a problem or need something frim att. You wish you have t-mobile. I'm on att BTW. I miss tmobile

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

14. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have had many cell phone companies over the years. Verizon was great, but they were ticking me off with billing. Nextel/Sprint was garbage, I will never go back to them. T-mobile only working in Chicago, when I went on vacations I could never get a signal. 1 place I camp it's pretty sad my work Nextel works better than T-mobile.
    Verizon, like I said had great coverage and where we went camping it worked pretty good also. Now everyone we camp with has at&t and they all said they work great, so that's 1 reason why we went to at&t.
    If a cell phone company works great where you need it the most, great and go for it. Just because someone says at&t works great in 1 town, doesn't mean it will great in the town you live in. So to bash a cell phone company on here is pointless.

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

So just because you can't afford at&t you're going to bash them and their coverage, because according to other posts by you, they were perfect:

You're on your parents family plan and you switched and have to pay your own; I understand, but no reason to bash at&t and the iPhone.

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, since two of my brothers are on T-Mobile with JB & UL v1 iPhones, they just switched to a $49.99 per month for unlimited talk. I think that's about $50.00 per month cheaper than AT&T, and they are satisfied with the EDGE network. Even though they drool over my 3G iPhone's speed and the visual voicemail, they seem pretty happy. To each their own I guess...

17. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I've had tmobile, sprint, verizon, att, and alltell.
    Let me tell you something, and that att is the best out of all of them.
    Not only do I get very good service (network and customer wise) but it's just that it is much more easier to do and get done then any of the other companies....

First service I ever had was att and then I left it to all the other services and I felt like crap in every one of them (except att), I even got into a fight with 2 of the verizon people (they kept transfering me to someone in india..) and I had told them that I had att and every other service before and that they sucked and I will be paying the ETF just so I can get done with them.

They have bad service (and me being in a high industrial city, in LA) everywhere and there workers suck. I kept going to the store for verizon and kept leaving because they couldn't be anymore stupider when I tried to ask them a simple thing..Keep bashing att about there service but I don't care about bars and what not, my internet on EDGE is just fine and I have good call quality thank you very much, I don't need verizon and it's **** service. Tmobile i cant really say anymore since it's been a while but I just thought att was better IMO. In terms of customer service, network and ease, att wins for sure, and if your ever in the mountains, att is there for you.

One last thing, I am getting quite bored of my iPhone but only because the phone is so simple that you learn everything WAY too quick and that it is just too easy there isn't really anything left to do with it. I like other phones UI's where most things are confusing because it has more curiousity to it.

18. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

the sidekick was pretty cool... like 4 years ago

19. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

Uh..dude

AT&T has been known to have many problems with their network. Yesterday, I went to the mall and only had 1 bar on my iPhone, while my friend consistently had 5 bars on his Dash. Also, AT&T customer service pails in comparison to T-mobile's. I'm not bashing the iPhone. It's the one thing that made me slip over to the AT&T side. Sure the iPhone has cool features, but why should I pay nearly $100 a month for those features when I can find them on the iPod Touch and get a phone that's better than the iPhone? Yes, the Curve is a better "phone" than the iPhone. I've never had a dropped call with T-mobile.

20. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

It always depends on your area. T-mobile doesn't have as big 3G coverage as AT&T and Verizon do but their network was great for me. I got 5 bars at the airport on my old Sidekick, where I only got 1 bar on my iPhone and that was with EDGE and 3G.

To be honest, I was getting quite bored with my iPhone because it was too simple. Most of the apps seemed pointless and the only apps I used on it were Safari, Mail, iPod, and like 3 racing apps. It does get boring but it's still fun. I'll be getting an iPod Touch 2G soon. I'm g;ad it will be faster than my iPhone which could seem slow a alot of times.

21. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

defiantly:rolleyes:

22. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I don't get it.

This thread should definitely be wastelanded.

23. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

weird, i love tmobile...have had them for over 6y ears. now only if 3g worked on the tmobile :p

24. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I had cell phones before you were in school. I had no problems with at&t so far and I am so glad they are just as good as Verizon in my area (not yours). IF you read my post I said cell phone company "A" may work in area's better for you then cell phone company "B" while cell phone company "B" may work better for me than cell phone company "A".. get my point? The best cell phone company for YOU works in YOUR area.
    Besides YOU'RE the one who said that both worked great... and I quoted you before.
    About customer service, when someone complains about that there are many issues to look at. In most cases there are 3 stories.. Your story, the customer service story and the truth. So when someone says "oh I had nothing but problems with this customer service" I always wonder "well how did YOU act?" "What did YOU say to them?" "how did you say it?" "Where you nice?".

Again that's why you said "I've had perfect coverage with both" so make up your mind, which is it? and we have you saying "So I've had my iPhone 3G for a month and it's AWESOME. BEST phone I've ever had..." again you got bored with it in 1 day? again which is it? So are you going back on what you said just because you're not keeping it now? Are you trying to convince yourself all of this? And how is the Touch faster than the iPhone?
    Every cell phone company I had worked great at the airports, so saying that isn't a big deal.