Funny things happened to my screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chuotconbenho, Dec 4, 2015.

1. chuotconbenho macrumors newbie

chuotconbenho

I have macbook pro 15 inch retina screen, model mid 2014, without graphic card. Recently, when I connected my laptop with TV via HDMI cable, it went black though when I reset machine, it came back to life again. Though this latest incident, same case but it didn't work. When I bring to apple store to check and they said I need to replace the whole panel. However, I couldn't afford the price so I get it back and plugged it to LCD and the screen came back to life again. Though when I restart machine, it couldn't restart and I have to force quit and started machine again. After many tries, the screen appeared static screen and then black out. Sometimes, it just appeared loading screen and turn black. Though I can login machine and turn on itunes or safari browser using spotlight while the screen was still black.

The problems is when I pressed the screen a little, the screen came back to life again. Anyone know the problem? Is it due to the defected screen, loose cable or logic board's problem?

2. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Having different results, as the result of applying pressure, implies a cable problem/loose connection to me

3. chuotconbenho thread starter macrumors newbie

chuotconbenho

If I just close the machine and it will be back as normal but if I restart or shut down, have to try several time to get the screen go back again. Do you have idea what the problem is?

4. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

As mentioned previously, you are most likely looking at a loose cable/connection based on the fact that pressure changes the behavior. I would hypothesis that you are causing the LCD/LVDS cable to move along the contact pins by repeatedly opening and closing the lid again supporting it being the cable or a loose connection..

Most likely is a worn or loose LCD/LVDS cable...

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

Show the dudes at the store that you have a loose cable and ask them kindly to open your Mac and put the cable in the right place.
    They are not installing any new parts so they should not ask for money.