Funny TV Commercials ripping off movies...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by R34, Apr 6, 2008.

1. R34 macrumors newbie

Anyone realize that a lot of new commercials coming out are directly ripping off funny parts of movies? Some are still funny, but it just seems like its kind of a uncreative way to put together a commercial. i just saw one, that was a rip off of anchor man where Brian Fantana is putting on that panther cologne that smells like "big foots di*" and he says, that studies have shown that 50% of the time, it works every time. something on the lines of that.

There was another commercial for a junior college where this guy screams hella high pitched and loud when he looks in the fridge and there are human organs in there for his medical training or something. Exactly the same scream from the movie Accepted when Jonah Hill screams when they first get to the abandoned psych hospital.

I laughed my ass off both times but common, wheres the creativity?

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

It's like my parents always asked me: So it got your attention? Then the commercial has achieved its purpose.

I'm all for creativity and innovation (hey, this is a mac site ;) ) but you can try and wrap your head around it as much as possible; They do it for you to remember their commercial. And it looks like it worked! ;)