Fusion 2.0 officially released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bamf, Sep 16, 2008.

1. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

Is Fusion any better than Parallels Desktop?

Btw. can you run your Fusion Windows full screen on a second screen? While running OS X on you primary screen?

2. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

First question, it's personal opinion. Parallels seems to have more features, but at the same time, it seems to be very unstable. VMWare Fusion, on the other hand, has less features, but seems to be more stable. :)

Second question, Yes, you should be able to. I've only got one monitor, but VMWare Fusion (as well as Parallels) works in Spaces beautifully. Usually, I'll move the VM window into Space #2, and then fullscreen it. Whenever I need to use windows, I just open Spaces, zoom over to #2, and do my Windows-based tasks. :D

3. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

from their website..

"# Option to use one or all screens in Full Screen mode"

4. kalex macrumors 65816

First question - depends on your preferences. I worked with vmware products for close to 5 years so for me it was no brainer :)

2nd quesiton - yes it does. that is actually what i do on my mac pro. on my Left ACD i have OSX and on my second ACD i run XP in full screen mode. works great

5. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Anyone notice it being any faster. All the new improvements are grand, but I'm hoping it will be just as fast if not a little better. "Networking" between the virtual XP and my Mac is not very fast.

6. jim mac macrumors newbie

I've always been a Desktop user, but I have a few friends that swear by Fusion. I'm wondering if it's maybe time to give Fusion a go with this new release. I know that VMware is offering a rebate to switch thru the end of the year.

Is it worth the $50 bucks to switch to Fusion 2?