Fusion 3 graphics upgrades? Doesn't look like it.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sphoenix, Oct 30, 2009.

1. sphoenix macrumors regular

sphoenix

I've tried running the simplest games like Unreal Tournament (99 edition) and it actually performs slightly worse than with Fusion 2. The main reason I waited for Fusion 3's release was so my 3D-intense applications like 3DS Max would run more smoothly and I could just finish uni work at home, but I've tried it and what do you now, no improvement in performance. Lots of jitters when moving objects and creating animation.

I was wondering if maybe the problem is my Mac, it's from 2006. 3GB ram and ICD 2.0GHz processor but I've shared half the ram with Fusion, I don't see anything there that could be the issue. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

2. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Have you updated VMware Tools within the virtual OS and then rebooted?

For some odd reason, after upgrading to Fusion 3 I had to update VMware Tools twice (both times Tools flagged the available update with the little triangular yellow exclamation mark) within Windows 7 beta before I could take advantage of the Aero effects.

Haven't tried any games on it yet, though. Ordinary use does seem quite a bit faster in all my virtual OSs: Ubuntu, XP, and 7.

3. sphoenix thread starter macrumors regular

sphoenix

Exactly, the OS is much speedier (running XP) but the only graphics advantage I seem to have is setting the resolution a few hundred pixels higher. I'll try updating VMware Tools when I get home.