Fusion 6.0.2 - Cannot connect the virtual device sound

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Michael73, Mar 31, 2014.

  1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2007
    #1
    Hi,

    I have just recently upgraded my system to a new Mac Pro (MacPro3,1 - the coffee can style).
    I have a set of speakers hooked up to the line out on the Mac Pro, and sound works fine in OS X.

    I am using VMware Fusion 6.0.2.

    However, I am having a peculiar sound issue in all my Windows VMs.
    When I power them on, I get a notice stating:

    Cannot connect the virtual device sound because no corresponding device is available on the host.
    Do you want to try to connect this virtual device every time you power on the virtual machine?

    No Yes


    If I click no, I get asked the question again and again in an endless loop.
    If I click yes, Windows starts, and the sound works, except it comes out of the internal speaker on the Mac Pro rather than the speakers on the line out.

    I have multiple Windows VMs, (XP and 7), and this problem affects all of them. VMWare tools is up to date in all the VMs.

    I have powered down my VM removed the sound card in Fusion preference and re-added it and that didn't fix the problem. I tried removing the sound card altogether but that just gave me no sound at all. I've tried making various changes inside Win7 (the VM I use the most) System Prefs > Sound and that doesn't help either.

    I'm out of ideas at this point.

    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!
     
  2. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2007
    #2
    I tracked down this article and followed all the steps and still nothing. :mad:
     
  3. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2007
    #3
    Now this is even worse. Since I edited the file in the referenced link, Windows says it's detected that I'm running it on new hardware and I need a new serial code. I tried using my old one and it won't work. Finally, I clicked ignore and got down to business and opened Excel but encountered another error that said Office has detected that I'm running on a new machine and it needs a serial code too. Once again, I tried my existing code and it won't take it. It says I have three days to fix things. :mad:
     

Share This Page