Fusion Drive Configuration in Apple Retail Stores

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Johnf1285, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Do we know whether or not the Fusion Drive will be available on the high end 21.5" from the Apple Retail Stores?

I know the answer will probably be the typical "no" or the more recent "no one knows but apple".

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone has any additional insight or rumors in regard to this. I am getting super impatient at this point (as most of us waiting many months have been). It would be nice to have this computer for the weekend coming up :D

2. Bear macrumors G3

The answer is, nobody really knows except for a couple of people at Apple.

Some stores do get configurations other than the base ones. So it depends on your store. With the 21" not allowing the memory to be upgraded by users I expect some stores will be getting some 21" - 16GB - Fusion models in stock.

The real question is will any of the stores near you get them?

3. Johnf1285 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I guess the wait continues!

There are a few stores in the area, I am about 45 minutes south of NYC so I hope this area gets its fair share of "Stock CTO" models.

4. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Get off my lawn. :)

The "stock CTO" is a relatively new concept. For kicks I tried to see if any Minis where available with Fusion in stores, but they came back as pickup: not eligible. I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

5. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

I would bet money that all Apple stores have imacs with fusion. They will be trying to show off this "new" tech and upselling as much as possible.

6. Johnf1285 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

7. Johnf1285 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Spoke to a former co worker of mine who is a manager at an Apple store, he believes it's CTO for the initial launch but that it will eventually by readily availabe at a later date. He is not 100% sure though as there is no stock yet in the stores and said he would let me know Friday - so I guess either way we all will find out on Friday one way or another that's for sure.

It seems like such a popular choice I have a hard time seeing it not be available in stores on launch day though...

8. Johnf1285 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Little status update:

According to "Brad M" from the Apple Online Chat, the fusion drive models will be available online only.