Fusion Drive vs Sata HDD

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AuRe, Apr 29, 2013.

1. AuRe macrumors member

Hello,
    I have new 27" with 3Tb.
    I have a partition problem and I phoned Apple, they said me it is because Fusion Drive, but I bought it with 3Tb Sata HDD

How do I know what do I have?

2. simsaladimbamba

You go to :apple: > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > Serial ATA.

3. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

To know for sure, just go into system info, disk storage info, and you will see two drives listed (128gb ssd and 3tb hhd) if you have fusion or just one lonely 3tb hdd if you don't have fusion.

4. AuRe thread starter macrumors member

5. Raima macrumors 6502

6. Nuke61 macrumors 6502

Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and then select 'About This Mac'

In the 'About This Mac' window, click on 'More Info...' and then click on 'Storage'

I have the 1 TB Fusion option and in the 'About This Mac' --> 'Storage' window is says my 'Macintosh HD' is a 1.12 TB Fusion Drive. I'm guessing that the 3 TB option would say the Macintosh HD is a 3.12 TB Fusion Drive, or something close to that. Here's how my Fusion shows up About This Mac --> Storage:

[​IMG]

7. AuRe thread starter macrumors member

> About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > Serial ATA

8. AuRe thread starter macrumors member

I cannot delete a 801gb partition, I have no option. My iMac has two days, 48h and full updated
    I didnt do it, I tried 1tb windows 7 partition and It never finish, that was the result

Attached Files:

9. AuRe thread starter macrumors member

Any idea?