Fusion Drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Darwin36, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Darwin36 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

i'm busy planning my upgrade of my old MBPro to an iMac (although I am partial to those tasty rMBPs but thats for another thread).

I need to install windows 7 for work and a quick browse on the forum reveals that it'll be 'fun' and where i'm going to get an iso I do not know however, I remember reading ages back when fusion drives were first introduced that people just couldn't use bootcamp and/or it threw up major issues.

Can anyone confirm whether this is still the case as it would sway my drive selection toward a full flash drive but I wanted to save a bit of green and the fusion seemed ideal best of both worlds. - if it is possible and smooth, can anyone reflect if there are any performance issues or things i should be aware of (such as will it just format and show on the 128GB flash or just the platter?)

Cheers guys

2. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

I suggest that you read the FAQ section on the Apple Support site for your questions of using Boot Camp, and definitely read the Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide before doing it.

3. TheyCallMeBT macrumors member

I have a 1TB Fusion drive and I loaded Win7 on it, and it works great. I've played BF4 a few times on it-- and it works flawlessly.