Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrRules

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I have loaded Fusion on my new IMac and then loaded Windows XP Home Edition so I could run some of my Windows programs. I loaded Quicken and then tried to restore a file from a back-up on a USB Flash Stick but Quicken does not see this USB Device. I have used the same device to upload pictures and the IMac recognizes the USB Device right away.

Any ideas? Did I miss a step when I loaded Windows XP that would recognize the USB devices? I hate to uninstall and re-install Windows but if I have to do that I guess I will.

Help, Help!

Stu

fandsw

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Helena, AL
Got to the top OS X menu bar with Fusion active, select "Virtual Machine". At the bottom a list of devices such as CD, DVD, and USB is shown, select USB. From there you can select the memory stick, at which point Fusion will make it available to read for windows apps.

lsteens

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
Quicken 2009

Was able to get Quicken 2005 to work on XP Professional via VMware Fusion. Installed Quicken 2009 but unable to open it. Quicken says they do not support virtual installations. Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.