Fusion vs Parrallels, windows already installed and need linux

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BrutusMaximus, Aug 27, 2011.

1. BrutusMaximus macrumors member

BrutusMaximus

I'm a CIS major, this semester i have Java and visual basic (i know, smart taking two programming classes) and intro to Unix/linux. Last semester when i took C++ it sucked having to reboot all the time for windows.

So now i already have windows installed on my machine, which one would be the better route. I've read plenty on both but i can't find anything about having the operating system installed already. I would hate to have to reinstall it all over again.

And as far as the Unix/Linux, can either one handle multiple operating systems...or would it be better to get one of the softwares, and use something like VirtualBox, for unix.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If you have Windows already installed via Bootcamp, both give you the chance to use that install as a source for a VM. I have Parallels, and really like how it is integrated into OS X. I cannot comment on the other because I haven't tried it. You should not need to reinstall Windows.