Future Apple keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Airforcekid, Mar 10, 2009.

?

Would you buy the keyboard?

1. Yes

38.5%
  2. No I need a full physical one!

61.5%
  1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

:apple:My idea is glass a touch screen keyboard like the iPhones only bigger moveable (JIGGLE) keys and the ability to delete and add keys like emoticons etc. You could enable the click sound and even have a force feedback like keyvib or something like the storm? Would you buy it?:apple:

Since an LCD type display would be behind it you could add wallpaper (DIMMED) and increase decrease key size!

2. klempwrsu macrumors member

klempwrsu

I would buy it, but only to see what it was about. The idea seems pretty cool, but I make so many mistakes with my iPhone, that i don't see me putting up with this very long.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

That sounds like a really cool idea in theory and its definitely something i would want to play with..... for a little while. I think it would be too weird and unpractical, nothing can replace the tactical feedback of a physical keyboard.

4. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

I'm kind of split on this. On the one hand, it would be great to see what Apple could do with a touch screen/keyboard combination. It would be a great tool for graphic designers/digital artists and the like. On the other hand, glass can be rather fragile and tactile feedback is quite important in typing, especially if you're a touch typist such as myself. I can possibly see myself using a touch pad keyboard if the build was solid and there was possibly some type of predictive text to minimize error based on incorrect finger placement.

If anything, I'd definitely go down to my Apple store to try it out and decide from there... That's IF they make one :p