Future Apple Wearables

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bballers29, Dec 23, 2018.

1. bballers29 macrumors newbie

I currently own a Apple Watch Series 3 and have stopped wearing it. I wore watches even before the release of the first Apple Watch and still prefer to wear traditional watches.

I still like the fitness/health tracking features the Apple Watch offers, but would prefer it in a more discreet package like the Fitbit Flex.

Do you think Apple will ever diversify their wearables portfolio or do you think thy’re all in on the watch?

2. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

I don't think they will, or will need to until perhaps the AW reaches a saturation point. However, there's enough people who make the annual trek to the Apple Store to buy the newest watch/phone/pod/whatevr that I don't think they will ever reach that point. The AW sells well now, is a fine instrument, and works well for the majority of people.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don’t. Apple isn’t much about diversifying with the watch, not when they have the top selling smart watch in the industry, they don’t have a need to add/supplement a Lower base model at this point. Personally, I don’t think it’s necessary to release a new Apple Watch every year, and with the rising costs, consumers are not likely to upgrade their watch every year either.

4. pedrowerner macrumors regular

pedrowerner

I think they are already diversifying with products like Airpods, and they have a senior VP of AR/VR inside the company, so...

5. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

They might at some point. I don’t think that they’ll make more than one form factor at the same time, but I’ve always thought a cosmetic improvement would be to curve the watch body to follow the curve of a wrist as many tracitional watches do. I’m not sure what engineering issues that raises but it would seem possible albeit likely more expensive.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple