Future German Laptop Design

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by bluetooth, Apr 11, 2010.

1. MichaelBarry macrumors member

ha it's easy to think of these designs but c'mon, this is just not feasible even within the next 5 years IMO.

2. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

NIIIIIICE! Excellent design, but it's way in the future, like the other poster said.
    Couldn't see it for 5-10 years, but impressive.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It's the "roll" laptop concept (aka vaporware).

There is a previous thread on this.

4. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

Why did they give that guy guy a "sassy" walk?

5. TSE macrumors 68030

Who would want to look like a female carrying a purse around as a laptop? :confused:

6. bluetooth thread starter macrumors 6502a

bluetooth

:p good point, why not just create a sleeve and carry it in your hand like a mailing tube...or obviously put it in your pack or bag if you have one as it would take up considerably less room than the current laptops.

I would scrap the man purse and go with something more like this (obviously on a smaller scale in terms of tube/sleeve length):

Attached Files:

7. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

8. snakesqzns macrumors regular

snakesqzns

Nice design, but the space saved of the roll-up vs a standard laptop is minimal.

And the touchscreen keyboard without and tactile response isn't going to work for any serious extended use.

9. Zaid macrumors 6502

I see a lot of people say this, but is there any evidence that a touchscreen keyboard would be unsuitable for extended use? I'm not trolling, genuinely interested as to why you need tactile feedback for extended use.

I know the 'feel' of a keyboard is important to whether it's a good keyboard or not and I know it often takes me a day or so to become accustomed to a keyboard, and not just because of subtle variations in the layout.

Though, is it not just a matter of becoming used to the tactile feedback (or lack thereof) on a touchscreen keyboard?