Future iMac and MDP Input

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jfriedman8, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

Let me preface that I'm in no way trying to stir any rumors up here, so certain people don't freak out.

Anyway, I was just curious what anyone thought the chance of the 2009 iMac (whenever it comes out) has a MDP in, to allow the iMac to act as an external too? I guess that kind of fits whatever weird 'dock' rumors people have previously discussed, but I think it seems fairly logical. The sony all in one has an HDMI in and is advertised to be used with a PS3, but any HDMI will work on it.

At the moment, I could really use a new iMac, but it is not pressing. I might just get a MBA and external to pair with my MBP 15, then sell the monitor for an iMac when they come out. I'll probably wait another 2/3 weeks and then I'll need to get something.

2. TrapOx macrumors 6502

Not a chance. HDMI and HDCP involves royalties, thats why they are moving to this DisplayPort nonsense. Goodness forbid that Apple infringe on their 30% profit margin or $25,000,000,000 cash bank account to pay the $30 per machine royalty for each mac to be completely HDCP compliant so they can officially support blu-ray video. :rolleyes: