Future IPad buyer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sportcat, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sportcat macrumors member

I think after the 3 comes out I'm going to buy a 2. Why? Because hopefully the price will drop for 2's and I'm quite pleased with what the 2 has to offer.

Am I correct in my thinking? How much did the 1 drop when the 2 came out?

2. chipmac64 macrumors newbie

I considered doing the same thing but I'm waiting until the 3's announcement before making a final decision. If the iPad 3 offers a significant upgrade or if they make the entry level 32GB for the same price I'll buy the new model. If I go with the last gen model I might be able to save even more by getting a refurb.

3. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

I am also considering my very first iPad and will look to do the same if the iPad 3 is not that great I would consider the iPad 2 if it's a £100 or so cheaper.

4. falcora macrumors 6502

Everyone is thinking that the iPad 2 will keep being sold by apple for about $399. This would make refurbs about $349. Not a bad price if you don't care about the new features the iPad 3 has to offer.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm not so sure they'll sell them as new at that pricing, since I don't sense they're much real competition for the ipad that a $400 unit would combat. This is the case in the phone market, and thus a reason for the $99 iPhone4.

I could of course be wrong. In any event, ipad2's will certainly be available as refurbs for quite some time to come. Today yYou can buy a refurb iPad1 16GB 3G for $399 from store.apple.com

For the others, check out these two items from last year:

First-Generation iPad Prices Reduced by $100
    AT&T Slashes Prices on First-Generation 3G iPads to $429-$529