Future iPhone Nomenclature: iPhone 6 Plus [S] ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willmtaylor, Sep 29, 2014.

1. willmtaylor, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Has anyone thought about the naming system of future iPhones, especially in regards to the iPhone 6 Plus?

Obviously, there's not an issue with next year's iteration of iPhone being the "iPhone 6 ," but the "iPhone 6 Plus"? iPhone 6 Plus "? It's too much and just sounds awful.

In the past there's been speculation about the iPhone line following that of the iPad and just calling them the new iPhones. Anyone think this is a possibility?

:apple:

2. darkredcaffeine macrumors member

I think iPhone 6S Plus would be fine.

I really hope they don't go down the line of "the new iPhone", I can't stand that they did that for the iPads. For computers it makes sense not to have a number associated with them, for phones it doesn't.

3. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

iPhone 6S Plus is...ok...but still an awkward mouthful, in my opinion.

Why doesn't it make sense to nix the numbering system like computers, cars, etc.?

4. runningtowin macrumors member

I disagree; I thought this with the iPhone (5) C and S before, but I think this would be a perfect time to have:

iPhone (2015)
    iPhone+ (2015)

5. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Precisely what I was thinking.

6. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I'm hoping they continue to make Plus models, but based on how the reception has been, it might not be something they continue to go through with outside of the impending spec refresh next year.

I think they can just call them "Plus" for whatever model is next, it doesn't make it a sexy name, but it's a functional name and it differentiates it enough that people won't get them confused for one another.