Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Hi...m a newbie here...is it possible that we're going to see a iphone phablet soon?

Soon? No. There was a rumor of Apple prototyping 4.7" and 5.7" iPhone's. The safe and more likely bet is a larger iPhone coming in 2014. Something in the 4.7"-5" space. But something even larger is uncertain. I do think Apple will bring a phablet to the market in due time. Just not this year. At the earliest next year.

lousada

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
Yeah, unfortunately i don't see apple lauching a big iphone so soon.

It would be awesome to hear a "one more thing" in the september 10th event, but the way apple is leaking nowadays we'd have heard about it already.

Last edited:

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
yea omg this thread is sooooo funny i couldnt stop laughing omg im peeeing in my pants.....fart

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
Seriously all of these posters talking about how 4 inches is the perfect size or 3.5 inches and always making fun of big phones, then apple releases a huge phone and they jump on it.

Like when I bought the note a year ago and all my apple friends made fun of the size now a couple of them own a 6+.

I swear.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Gosh, I love this .... "Drag him " lmao . Dying #
This my friends , is 75% of us members , including myself, talking out of our asses before we see the product .

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Gosh, I love this .... "Drag him " lmao . Dying ��
This my friends , is 75% of us members , including myself, talking out of our asses before we see the product .

It's more than that.

Apple acolytes (Macolytes?) have a very predictable pattern. If Apple has not announced something or has in any way hinted that they won't do something, then the hivemind is that the said feature is terrible and Apple will never do it and anyone who wants that feature is an idiot. Take your pick from styluses to big phones to whatever else.

Then, when Apple makes an announcement, even if it is in direct contradiction to previous announcements, Apple is brilliant and this will change the world and boy oh boy isn't it amazing how Apple is so innovative. Third party keyboards is a good example of that. For years everyone screeched that third party keyboards were all terrible and a security minefield and Apple's stock was so awesome that anyone who wanted something else was an idiot, then third party keyboards turned into a PRIMARY attraction for iOS8.

People really need to stop looking at brands and products with such a "cult" mentality. They're gizmos and gadgets. Some are awesome. Sometimes this brand does it better, sometimes another one does. I don't know what it must be like to insist that MY BRAND does everything better than everyone else.

I will say that the combo of iOS8 and the 5.5" screen made leaping back into the iPhone world so much more enjoyable than if I was still using tiny devices with only one available keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.