Future Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Josh Kahane, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

When a new Mac Mini emerges (hopefully at Macworld next week) if it was to have a better graphics card (standalone one, not crappy integrated) would it be much more worth buying? Or would it still be very average?

I would want to run things like parallels desktop with XP and dreamweaver and photoshop and a bit of final cut express. Would it cope with it? Would the current Mac Minis cope with that?

Thanks.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

My sister has a friend whose cousin works for Apple and they said a mini option next month will be with the Core 2 Quad Q9000 cpu and the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 graphics card. The three fans in the Super Mini will only be 12" in diameter.

3. Remiss63 macrumors newbie

Remiss63

Did you mean to day 12" diameter? Or something smaller?

Do you think the new Mac Mini will maintain the same footprint? I've heard some talk that it would take on the Time Capsule / Apple TV footprint.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He's making it up, but the PowerBook G5 is coming out at MacWorld.

5. Vanilla Thunder macrumors member

One thing you can count on is IF a new Mac Mini comes out it will be very overpriced for what you get. It always has been and always will be. Just look at the current machine if you don't understand this.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, that's because the current machine hasn't been updated in 511 days. When they are new, the Mac Mini, just like every other Apple product, is terribly competitively priced.

7. Vanilla Thunder macrumors member

Why does it matter how long its been since it was updated? You said yourself that it is the CURRENT machine.

Also, I agree with you that when first introduced they were TERRIBLY competitively priced. ;)

8. OceanView macrumors 65816

It is over priced.
    If they really wanted to use the mini to switch the pc users over to Apple, they should price the new mini to $499 or less.

9. hhlee macrumors 6502

future mac mini should (aka i wish!) feature a mini tower, slightly larger than the cube which will allow pci-e expansion (1) and up to 2 hd slots. then i would have no problem paying $499 or $599.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Then it wouldn't be a mini. ;)

11. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

No, it's not. If it were, they wouldn't be selling so many of them. It's called "market forces".

We don't want the cheap-@$$ PC users to switch; only those with at least a little bit of class. :cool:

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

They shouldn't be selling many now(and likely are not)

But 599 for MacBook specs in a desktop, would be fine with me!

13. NOD macrumors member

Hmm, these folks seem to differ with you, and, unlike you, they actually seem to have some information.

From the article:

14. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

He's referring to the fact that the new Mini is being released on Tuesday and the old model is likely not selling as well as it once did. Don't be a dweeb.