Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
So there are one million threads all heading in the same direction about the anticipated update for the MBP. All the threads end up speculating a release date or any minor news, theories or rumors that people have. I am so sick of visiting a new thread to find it is the same as another thread and then to find that a thread about something else, ends up being about 'MBP Speculations'.

Forgive me for the winge and I know I am new and all but I don't think I am the only one who would find it a lot easier to just come to one thread about the same topic that majority of us discuss on this part of the forum.

So come on guys, put all your energy into one thread about the one topic When you think or hear of something new, don't just make a new thread about it, keep it simple and clean and just add it into this thread. That way we can all experieince a less cluttered forum.

*Please no stupid jokes like 'My gardener winked at me and told me the release date' Its not even funny and just pisses everyone off!

'MACBOOKPRO SPECULATIONS' = Anything that is to do with the anticipated update of the MBP!

Thankyou

Jamin

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Yeah, that's helpful; creating a thread about the other threads that already discuss this. It'd be nice to have one concise thread, but the same people post in all of them, so the information is relatively evenly shared.

Enyzam

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Plus this thread will at some point make it halfway down the page and then some lazy bastard will have the same idea.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Well it is up to everyone to make sure this is the thread to be posting in! Then we wont be seeing more pointless threads because the attention seekers wont be posting as much because no one will pay attention to their threads. It can't work unless you input into it.

TatsuTerror

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2008
If you truly believed this, you'd just stick to one thread (one that's already been created). There is loads of content in other threads already, whereas yours has no content.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I do not see any content in any other threads that is worth reading, they are all stupid joke threads.

I also started a good thread 'The Day/Night Before Release' which is very good on the eve of Tuesday. It has good content but as the thread title states, its for the Day/Night before. A thread title should determine what the thread is about and the direction it should take.

You want content, heres content:

My speculation is that the MBP's will now, not be released till June 08!

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Plus this thread will at some point make it halfway down the page and then some lazy bastard will have the same idea.

This is how at least 50% of threads are created in this forum. People don't even look at the full page, nevermind run searches before posting.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007

That is why one of these threads (who cares which one) should be turned into a sticky, something like:

New MacBookPro Ideas/Release Speculation (DON'T CREATE ANY NEW ONES!!!)

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
My speculation is that the MBP's will now, not be released till June 08!

I think opinions like this are just as equally empty as the jokes you are complaining about.

I was expecting that you at least explain why you think June 08 is the release time.

Don't get me wrong I am also against all the nonsense chit chat that is infecting this forum and that perturbate good discussions and interesting issue resolution.
________
Ferrari F399 specifications

Last edited:

eddy64

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
from what I understand, it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to make the MBP any thinner with the current technology. My question, would it be possible to make the MBP lighter without making it thinner? possibly new materials? I think it would be an awesome update if they would do the expected updates (penryn processors, maybe gpu, multitouch pad, etc) plus maybe a little lighter, longer battery life, and make it run cooler. Processing power doesnt necessarily have to be the only upgrade. just a thought.

JDR

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2008
Chicago, IL
You want content, heres content:

My speculation is that the MBP's will now not be released till June 08!

Well, can we have an explanation/evidence with it?

P.S- I agree, we already have enough new MBP threads, and the same info is in all of them. No offense to you, jamin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.