Future of Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roow110, Sep 24, 2011.

1. roow110 macrumors regular

I've been thinking a lot about the future of Apple recently, and I'm really interested in what they plan not only for the next year, but for the next decade.

If you think back on the last decade, a ****-ton has happened. Steve Jobs returned for just over ten years, he not only dramatically changed Apple, but he changed the whole world. Ten years ago, we had crap laptops, tower pcs and cd players. In just ten years, Steve Jobs has created the largest most successful company in history with over 300 worldwide retail stores and stronger loyalty than ever. He has changed the computer industry, the phone industry, he has created the tablet industry... In just ten years we have come this far, so where will we be at the end of the next decade? At the end of Cook's time as CEO?

You can say for a fact that they have a grand plan for the 2010s just as jobs did for 2000s, but just what might that be? What technologies might there be by then? What might be their goals? And what is going to happen to the Mac?

I suspect that they will try to rethink and corner the tv market, the gaming market and go after a new market as well, and that is just the start. I suspect that by the end of the decade, they will have merged their platforms and made it possible to seamlessly transfer from one device to another and unified the OS to run (though slightly differently) on all of their devices from the ipod nano to a full wall screen.

I suspect their 2020 OS lineup will be:

iPod Nano
    iPhone
    iPad
    11'macbook air
    13' macbook air
    15' macbook air
    17' macbook air
    24' imac
    31' imac
    40' itv
    50' itv
    60' itv
    iwall
    ...allowing a full range of use from the smallest device to the largest you might ever need.

Processor power will no longer be an issue when choosing a device. You won't need a macbook pro to get more power, because the air will have enough to do any task you desire. The only factor will be screen size, and the larger the screen size, the more advanced os activities will be allowed, yet all of the content is automatically synced between devices. I also suspect that portable devices will be completely wireless. No more usb, power cord etc. completely wireless data and energy transfers and therefor allowing waterproof and perhaps dropproof devices.

So what do you think? is this an accurate direction for Apple to go? What technologies might be included in future products? And what do you think the 2020 lineup will be?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Sounds like you should start a blog. Why even bother speculating on the technology world 9 years from now? Completely pointless.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

^^^This. And what does this have to do with the MacBook Pro forum?

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Sounds good but it is a bit difficult to accurstly speculate the future of a company in 9 years time. There are just way to many possibilities and factors, just like the thread were a company predicted the ios sales for 2015...

5. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

Well, an 11 feet MacBook Air should be more than enough for anyone (even in 2020). ;)

On a more serious note; I wouldn't be surprised if the screen size is made more flexible in the future, one way or another.

6. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

Well, those pictures sure match roow110's lineup in size. Love the iMat.

7. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

I think this would be a more appropriate forum to post this in.

8. Jmouse macrumors 6502

9. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

someones giving steve jobs far too much credit. jobs is a ceo, he doesn't make intel chips, he didn't invent the tablet and he wasn't the first one to showoff a toich screen phone.

most of what he's done is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

its pretty creepy to see people worship this guy so much...