Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
What do you all think. What will your future iPhone look like and do?

Here is mine:

1) Black all the way around will the metallic apple sign on the back. Very slightly wider but much thinner
2) The screen takes up the whole front face (perhaps even both sides eventually).
3) Apple figures out a way to have the ear speaker under the glass of the 10+ gesture capable screen.
4) Own set of applications (3rd party included)
5) More powerful OS
6) Fully integratabtle with Mac OS X 10.6 + with back to my mac and remote control capabilities with other products
7) rent and buy movies, tv shows, music, etc. right to it which wirelessly syncs to your mac and AplleTV
8) Video Camera with video conferencing capabilities (camera also under the glass screen)
9) GPS
10) Taser so no one ****s with you.

....can we get a hover board to go along with it too?

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
1) Black all the way around will the metallic apple sign on the back. Very slightly wider but much thinner

Like the ipod touch?
2) The screen takes up the whole front face (perhaps even both sides eventually).

if it was two-sided, where would the apple logo go? :eek:

3) Apple figures out a way to have the ear speaker under the glass of the 10+ gesture capable screen.

More than 5 gestures?!?!? Preposterous! What else could you do with multitouch?

Many good ideas, I would be glad to see just one of the things you mentioned anytime in the near future... (besides 3rd party apps and possibly GPS)

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Like the ipod touch?

Yes but black on the back too.

if it was two-sided, where would the apple logo go? :eek:

the whole phone would eventually take on the shape of the apple logo

More than 5 gestures?!?!? Preposterous! What else could you do with multitouch?

circular motions, pressure sensitive, 3 fingers,.... more that only apple is smart enough to think of.

Many good ideas, I would be glad to see just one of the things you mentioned anytime in the near future... (besides 3rd party apps and possibly GPS)

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
Yes but black on the back too.

if there's two sides, where would the black go?

the whole phone would eventually take on the shape of the apple logo

Hmmm, I imagine spikey edges and uncomfortable grip. Maybe Apple will put in a holograph on both sides of the device that will pop up whenever you are using it. (they'll come up with a way so the holograph won't disturb you while you are using it...).

circular motions, pressure sensitive, 3 fingers,.... more that only apple is smart enough to think of.

Ooh, ohh, here's another one: 5 finger cropping of an image!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I'd like to just enable the 'earpiece' speaker when watching movies, so it outputs in stereo. (i.e. the speaker when you use it as a normal phone would be the left speaker, and the 'speakerphone' speaker that is used now as the only one for movies would be the right speaker.)

I'd also like Notes syncing.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
if there's two sides, where would the black go?

the answer to that is an engineering feat only Apple can accomplish.

Hmmm, I imagine spikey edges and uncomfortable grip. Maybe Apple will put in a holograph on both sides of the device that will pop up whenever you are using it. (they'll come up with a way so the holograph won't disturb you while you are using it...).

Or the logo could appear on the other side of your hand when you were holding it up to your ear.

Ooh, ohh, here's another one: 5 finger cropping of an image!

Hey I saw concept on Engadget of a guitar program. Mini-Piano anyone?

I want an train and subway ticket system in the phone too. you can buy tickets from the phone and display it on screen to be scanned.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I really think you're getting ahead of things (and functionality).

I doubt the form factor will change much. I don't think the original iPod's ever really did, except for thickness due to the HDD inside. I'm pretty sure the iPhone is still about the same width. If Apple was going to make it any bigger, they probably would have to begin with. I can't imagine much, if any, of those cosmetic designs kicking in within a decade.

As for inside, the storage will keep going up. As sales increase, flash will become more popular and cheaper, and the circle of tech life keeps going round and round. It will probably hit 256GB before 2010, perhaps 512GB.

The Bluetooth technology will likely improve, perhaps with faster data rate and stereo headset compatibility. I think a lot of home electronics will start to use Bluetooth to reduce cord clutter. Just rest your iPhone in a dock somewhere in the room and stream music to a Bluetooth-enabled audio system. Maybe it gets fast enough in the near future for iPod-quality video. HD? That'll take time. I also can't forget about being able to use your Apple Wireless Keyboard with it. The new ones almost look designed to use with it (since they ditched a bunch of keys, making it small enough to fit in most laptop bags).

A Time Machine incorporation would be great. That has already saved me a lot of hassle in the past month (fonts are so tricky).

I hope the 2.0 version with 3G also has 802.11n. If not, that will be a high priority.

I think GPS will be an add-on to the port at the bottom through third-party people. People should take a look at how much the cheapest GPS devices are and then realize that would price the iPhone out of a good range.

Speaking of the dock connector, spare battery packs! One side can plug into the iPhone, the other into the standard iPod charging cable. Extra XX hours of battery when you need it.

Applications? I still haven't a clue. I would mainly like Intuit to develop a companion app for Quicken. Type in transactions when on the road and then sync at home. Security people could attach a thumb scanner for authentication or something. After that, I don't know!

billpaxton

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
MOST IMPORTANTLY:

for it to be released in Australia close too / when U.S get theirs, we're still waiting....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.