Future of Mac OS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by -BigMac-, Jun 17, 2013.

1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

Hi guys.

With the new changes in iOS, Apple is focusing on minimalism, I'm wondering, what effect will this have on the future design of Mac OS.

On another thread recently, a member shared this, as a joke, being the future of Mac OS.

[​IMG]

I found it funny, as did many others. It's very simple, and clearly an iOS inspired Mac OS would be more refined than said image.

But.

Could it be an inevitable cycle, the Mac OS to follow the design methodology of iOS?

I'm listening :)

2. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Personally, I really hope that OS X continues on its current path and doesn't adopt the super-flat look of iOS. Although I kinda understand the argument against when it comes to a mobile OS, I love the drop shadows, subtle gradients and detailed icons that OS X has.

Who says both systems need to look the same? They've always looked a bit different anyway, so I don't see why they can't be completely different while working supremely well together.

I think that OS X is already 'flat' enough (as of Mavericks), but I guess it has to continue evolving somehow.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I've only been using OSX since Lion, but that looks like an early version of OSX, like 10.1 or 10.2.

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

5. Drew017, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

the only aspect IMO that is kind of similar is the 2D semi- clear dock. The old dock from tiger looked like that.

[​IMG]

6. LurchNC macrumors regular

I'm probably in the minority here, but I always preferred the Tiger 2D dock to the new 3D one. The 3D just looks kinda cheesy to me.

7. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia