Future of MacBook Pro 17

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arneee, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Arneee macrumors newbie

Arneee

Hi there.
    I bought my BTO 17 inch in Aug 2007. Options I included: 1920x1200 res., 160Gb 7200rpm hdd.
    Seeing how Apple has been designing their stuff, I believe they will come up with something having more resolution (16:9 aspect), and superthin design like weeks ago announced 11.6" and 13" Air. So - question remains - WHEN and what SPECIFICATION do you think will be given to the new highest config MBPro?

2. Arneee thread starter macrumors newbie

Arneee

17 inch or more

[​IMG]

I know this is bulls**t fantasy but any ideas how it would develop?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

We don't know when and how Apple updates their products, but the super thinness will not be included, unless they exclude the Gigabit ethernet port or the Firewire port, as they are the biggest ports right now.

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

Btw, to quote someone, just press the [​IMG] button.
    To quote several posts, use the [​IMG] button (multi-quote).
    To edit your posts, use the [​IMG] button.

All these buttons are on the bottom right of the posts.

4. Arneee thread starter macrumors newbie

Arneee

I believe it WILL be thin, and SSD drive and good processor, something that will come after i7. Look at the trends, they're making only good toys. Somewhat that change the technology and make competitors cry... :)

5. tim100 macrumors 65816

apple is going smaller, lighter, and thinner. the 17 will be the exception and the lowest seller.

6. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

of course you know apple competes with itself. if you want osx you have to get a mac. well you DONT have to, have to but the eula says you do. thats one of the reasons they can charge so much for their systems.

7. Arneee thread starter macrumors newbie

Arneee

Alright. Although lowest seller it is an portable studio (whether audio, video, photo or any other media) MUST tool. And Apple knows that. You can't stop producing something that you know is a tool for pro editors. Of course, the 17 incher will be last to be updated, as it happened with unibody. Remember renewed 15 and there was one moment no 17 in the list? And then came the 17. So expect to wait at least 1,5 year, but it will be there, maybe even in 17.5 or 18 inch if getting more than 1920 pixels.