Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aegelward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
UK
I've been pouring over in my mind what to do when it comes to my setup's future..

Currently i have a (last gen white) macbook, and i'm feeling that i'm hitting the edge of it's what i can do with it, as a working system, but also i'd like to do a little light PC gaming. right now i use this with an external monitor.

I'm planning on getting a MBP some time in the future, possibly waiting for the i5/i7 upgrade later on the year, so that gives me plenty of time to consider on that front but to be honest,
i know this isn't very 'mac' but i'm considering building a mid-range gaming system and sharing the display between the computers. I'm not intending to build a killer system, just something that can play titles like Supreme Commander, Dawn of War 2, and L4D/source engine games.

I guess i am questioning the viability of doing such a thing, if nothing else the ability to keep my macbook within OS X and allow me to keep my messaging up while it frees me up to play a few games is very tempting.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
I did something similar (well, similar in a round-about way). I was too frustrated waiting for mac netbooks and mucking around with hackintoshing a wind. I gave up and got a PC netbook (running win7), and it's really nice having a PC system to keep up on the happenings on dark side technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.