Future of the MacBook Pro 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twocircles, Sep 20, 2015.

1. twocircles macrumors newbie

In October of 2011, there was a thread where forum members predicted the future of the MacBook Pro.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-future-of-the-macbook-pro.1263494/page-3#post-13741379

I am impressed that I was as close as I was. I missed the time frame (one year instead of four) on what is now known as the iPad Pro and I thought it would run kind of a hybrid of OS X and iOS rather than an evolution of iOS. I think my accuracy is more a factor of Apple being predictable, or reading their signals, rather than my being and in tune with computing trends. These developments seem obvious now, but in 2011, those who posted in this thread were going way out on a limb, and mine were crazy.

So, now, what is the future of the MacBook Pro, not just the next iteration but the future?

I’ll post my predictions when I have a little more time to put into the post.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

A bit thinner, a bit lighter, a bit smaller, USB-C/thunderbolt 3.0 Ports and 5K support, better battery life and improved graphics.

3. d0minick macrumors 6502

got a 2010 im itching to upgrade. id take a macbook in 15 inch if they offered. otherwise ill get a MBP 13 when the new version comes out.

4. deany macrumors 68030

deany

your prediction was extremely impressive nearly four years ago.

I'll leave it to the creative folk on here, but siri will join OS X on MacBook Pro.
    That might benefit from new hardware, maybe its just a software update, not sure if that counts.

looking forward to reading your post....you've 'set the bar high'!

cheers