Future of the MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MaxwellIreland, Oct 18, 2010.

1. MaxwellIreland macrumors member

Does the MacBook as we know it have a future? Or do you think it will be replaced by the new MacBook air? The specs for the new air If confirmed will cater for the everyday user IMO and if proves so, where does it leave the White some what outdated as some might see it ,MacBook?

What do you think?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The white Macbook will be around for many more years. Not everyone wants a thin Air that offers limited storage space and overall usability.

3. happle macrumors 6502a

yeah the macbook is here to stay....i mean think about it dude..

theres the macbook for people who just need a basic everyday mac, or for someone who wants to save a little money and possibly upgrade ram and hd themselves like i did

then theres the macbook air for people who might want a really thin laptop that performs well, or for people who just buy into the cool apple stuff. (i dont really like the MBA, i know they get very very hot and i just dont need my laptop to be that thin...)

then theres the pro for everyday users who want to spend more, or for people who might actually need the performance

its a pretty simple and affective line up. im pretty sure they're all here to stay for a while...

4. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Unless Apple drastically reduces the prices of the MacBook Airs, the MacBooks will be around for a while.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Macbook is here to stay for next years and years. Unless apple can bring the price down the Macbook air to 999 dollars with same specs, I won't even consider buying one. I don't want 11 inch. I want 13 inch.

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

The regular MacBook is Apple's best selling computer overall, and has been for a while. I don't think they'd even think about discontinuing now, or even in the near future.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

MacBook is here to stay. Don't worry. I just hope they make a black one again.

8. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

So do I :( I loved those, and I also liked the choice between the aluminium/white models, but by the time I'd got the money for one it'd been discontinued :( I could've bought one used, but it's just not the same.