Future of wireless charging for macs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Abazigal, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/11/29/apple-investigating-realistic-wireless-charging-technology

From what I gather, Apple intends to let you charge only your apple devices at your iMac.

The pros - nothing needs to be plugged in. It can be worth the convenience for users to never have to bother changing the batteries of their bluetooth keyboard and trackpad ever again. I can also charge my phone without need for a cable or a special case/mat, maybe we can even sync via itunes wirelessly? Given the range, it might even be able to charge my phone while I am using it at a table?

Cons: I have to be at a desktop, which limits this feature to being at home. So I will still have to bring my charger out with me? Any studies done on the dangers of being expose to this sort of radiation all day round? :confused:

What do you think? At first glance, it seems like both a step forward and backwards at the same time.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

There are no dangers regarding this technology, it is near-field magnetic resonance, not the old inductance charging.
    Magnetic is unlike radio waves safe.

3. boto macrumors 6502

boto

This feature has been available for a while now.