Future Time Capsule?????

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by noworries127, Apr 24, 2008.

1. noworries127 macrumors newbie

I really want to go out and purchase the Time Capsule that came out in February.

However, I have seen quite a spectrum of feelings about the product. Either you love it or you hate it.

I know it just came out in February, but when do you think they will "fix" some of the issues people are having with it. Meaning, any ideas as to when you all think a new version of the Capsule will come out?

I'd hate to buy one now and in 3 months Apple has a newer version of the product.

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I doubt you'll see a new version. Seeing as you can't get a hard drive bigger than 1T. And I can't see them dropping the 500 for a 750 either. It has Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11n. There's nothing newer on the horizon that they could even add. The only thing you'll see is maybe a firmware upgrade. So now is just as good a time as any.

3. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I would go ahead and buy as well....I have zero problems..Its a great product that I absolutely love!

4. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I have the 1 TB TC and I cant be any happier with this product.

It has saved my a55 numerous times and the speed and the quality is exceptional.

5. noworries127 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, thanks for the opinions.

I am graphic designer and I have like 4 externals for my MacBook Pro. I need to consolidate in to one HD.

If you all think its hit an "in-the-now" ceiling, I'll go buy it this weekend. Thanks.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

Piece of advice, keep spare backups. ESPECIALLY if you've got client work stored on your Time Capsule. Don't want it going haywire and lose all your work. Don't mean to make you paranoid, and not saying it WILL happen, but just in case it does don't use it to only store your work without having a copy elsewhere.

7. noworries127 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree. I do keep multiple backup devices. But I'd like to not have to carry 2 external HD's when I go see a client or have to plug in and out when I am meeting with a client in my office.

What I really need is a server. But that's a huge investment for me. Think big I guess.