Future updates for Unlocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w3n.w3n, Oct 2, 2007.

1. w3n.w3n macrumors newbie

I had an unlocked iPhone software version is 1.0.2, i had read about people tried to update their iPhone, I'm not gonna update my iPhone now but I think someday i'll need updatez to improve iPhone new feature.....

Please post any information regarding SAFE updating iPhone to new software version ( all the threads confused me, hope this thread would be the one for anyone who seek similar answer )

PS : In indonesia, unlocked iPhone works well with INDOSAT only ( im3 n mentari )

Thankz guys

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

at the moment its not possible to update, and keep all your stuff or, if youve unlocked it, probably save it from not breaking your iPhone.

Sit tight, as im sure loads of people are looking on ways to break into the new firmware and make it safe for you to update. There really isnt anything more I can say about it really.

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

If you want to keep using your unlocked phone, do NOT upgrade. There is no fix yet.

4. cmaier macrumors G3

It will be interesting to see if this "forks" the iPhone development. Most people will be using the "Apple branch," while some will stick with 1.0.2 and rely on the hacking community to replicate key improvements from the Apple branch via installable or replacement software.

I'm guessing that, in the future, people will also have to update their version of itunes to synch with a non-1.1.x or higher iphone, so at some point the 3p software will have to be super compelling to convince people not to go upgrade to the next factory firmware.

5. w3n.w3n thread starter macrumors newbie

i'll sit tight until a safe upgrading tools are released :confused: :D

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

This time around it's going to take a little longer since Apple has made it much difficult to break through Firmware 1.1.1 but hopefully a fix to it will be on the way soon