Future updates to iPhone features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crewrules101, Jul 21, 2009.

1. crewrules101 macrumors member

Some of the things that I use most often on my mac are not compatible at the current moment with the iPhone. If anyone knows a solution to any of the following, it would be awesome!

1) Smart Group Contact Syncing.

I know there are various threads discussing the ways to get smart groups to sync, but when is Apple going to incorporate this feature into the iPhone. I have roughly 20 smart contact groups for the various different organizations, companies, and people I deal with regularly. It is a hassle to make another regular group and copy all the contacts into that group to make it sync with the iPhone.

2) Smart Folder Mail Syncing.

Same as the smart groups, except the emails that I have normally routed to the smart groups don't appear, and just stay in my inbox.

3) Color coding of emails.
    I know that not a whole lot of people use this on the desktop Mail app, but I use it a lot to categorize the emails that I receive between my clubs, fraternity, school, work, and personal. It would be nice if the iPhone Mail app would do the same.

4) SMS Preview
    When we were still working on the iPhone OS 2, if you had your screen locked, you could set your iPhone to just display a message saying you have a new SMS and not display the message. When you were actively using the iPhone, the message would display, with the buttons to close or reply. Now with the 3.0 OS, it just displays that you have a new SMS with the buttons to read or close. It would be nice to not have to switch into Messages to read a message so you can choose if you want to reply or not.

Thanks!
    Scott

2. nightfly macrumors newbie

4. u can enable the sms preview on 3.0 under messages in settings

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm sure Apple will add in new features as time progresses. Remember, this is only the third major version, other smartphone OSes have at least 5 or 6 (ex. Windows Mobile 6.x).