Fuzzy text, is this a screen issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rockies, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Rockies macrumors 6502

A lot of my apps have fuzzy letters (words). Not as crisp as on my Ipad screen. Anyone else experiencing this. Is this a phone issue or is it an app issue?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Which phone, which app, which iPad?

Most apps aren't updated for the iPhone 6/+ resolution yet, so they're scaled/blurry.

3. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? Is the app optimized for the device yet? Not all apps are optimized for the new iPhones (not the same as optimized for iOS 8...) and they look pretty ugly on the new devices right now

4. Rockies thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the Ipad Air and IPhone 6. USA Today words look a little fuzzy (not crisp). Also, my local NBC news app.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

This is because the app has not been updated to support the screen size and resolution of the new iPhones. Essentially now, the app is just the old app blown up to fit on the new screen sizes. Eventually, the app developers will optimize them to fit natively on the new screens, at which point the font will be nice and crispy once again.

6. trouble747 macrumors 6502

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Apple only gave devs a few weeks notice before release of the resolution changes. There are still a pretty small number of apps that are optimized for the 6/6+. I would give it a few more months and most apps should be updated.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep. It will take a little while for developers to put out 6/6+ compatible apps.

9. goMac macrumors 603

Ehhhhh. They gave notice at WWDC. Some devs were paying attention, others were not.

The app I work on had an update ready a month before release.

10. bozzykid macrumors 68020

They didn't get information on the exact specs of the resolution changes. They got the SDK which for some was enough to update their app to scale better. But many apps required more work than that and no developer was going to do that before they got the specifics (especially since there wasn't even a device to test it on).

11. daydotz macrumors member

Fuzzy text, is this a screen issue?

I've the same concern with mine I'm not talking about un optimised apps text in general isn't that clear its more noticeable with the White text